Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Things I got wrong with Typhus and a revised list

So, just re-read Typhus' entry in the Chaos Space Marine Codex, and he has to take all his Psychic Powers from the Nurgle line. This was a stupid error, as I had been rolling from the Biomancy line as well as the Nurgle line, and there were a couple games that made a difference. So I'll be going all Nurgle all the time now. Though it is a shame Typhus is limited in this way. While there are nice powers in the Nurgle list, Iron Arm and Endurance are so good at keeping the Warlord or the Obliterators alive. May have to think about another Psyker in the army in the future. Another thing I got wrong was forgetting I had to roll to see if Manreaper would take a wound or give 2-6 extra attacks. Haven't been in a game where Typhus was lost, or even got close, but I'll have to keep that in mind. Lastly, Typhus' Destroyer Hive can be used on his Initiative as I did, but he cannot attack afterwards. That would have meant a bit of difference in at least 1 of the 5 games I've played so far. Fortunately(?) I haven't had more than 1 game where I could use it...yet.

Anyhow, after getting 5 games under my belt, I've retooled my 1,750 point army list, added a bit more punch to the Rhinos & Vindicator at the loss of some Plague Zombies. Will be headed to Dragon's Lair after work tomorrow to see how it does.

1748 total pts

HQ

230 Typhus


Troops 

142 Plague Zombies +14 cultists

365 Plague Marines with Rhino (Havoc Launcher) +5 Plague Marines, Meltagun x2, Power Fist, Icon of Despair, Melta Bombs, Combi-Melta, Gift of Mutation, Vets of the Long War x10

375 Plague Marines with Rhino (Havoc Launcher) +5 Plague Marines, Plasma Gun x2, Power Fist, Icon of Despair, Melta Bombs, Combi-Plasma, Gift of Mutation, Vets of the Long War x10


Fast Attack

269 Chaos Bikers  +4 Bikers, Meltagun x2, Combi-Melta, Power Sword, Melta Bombs, Mark of Nurgle, Icon of Despair, Gift of Mutation, Vets of the Long War x7


Heavy

158 Obliterators  +1 Obliterator, Mark of Nurgle, Vets of the Long War x2


79 Obliterator Mark of Nurgle, Vets of the Long War


130 Vindicator Havoc Launcher, Siege Shield

1 comment:

  1. Manreaper is a Daemon Weapon? I'd missed that "little detail", so thank you for pointing that out.

    (I'm Dangerous Brian by another name, by the way. This is my work blogger account)

    ReplyDelete