Sunday, March 17, 2013

Adding some Daemon allies

So, one thing that was bugging me with the list I took into the March tournament was how expensive the Plague Marines are. While I like just how tough they are, their Poisoned close combat weapons, Fearless and Feel No Pain simply comes at too high a price for what I want to do. Since the Daemon codex recently came out, I wanted to play with some of those guys in the list. A kind person sent me 2 bases of metal Nurglings and I thought I'd give them a shot. So I bought a pack of Nurglings to accompany them and a Herald of Nurgle as well.


Doing this will provide double the wounds as the Plague Marines and if I take the Greater Locus of Fecundity will give the Herald and Nurglings Feel No Pain as well. The Daemon invulnerable save combined with Feel No Pain and 4 wounds per Nurgling base will make that unit a great tar-pit/objective holding unit, and much more efficient use of points than Plague Marines. I will be giving the Herald Psychic Powers as well as Exalted Rewards and will still have plenty of points left over (for 2,000 point games) to either get more Nurglings or perhaps a Palanquin (though I can't find where they sell such things). We'll see how they do, my main concern is that while they'll hold an objective, they won't be able to kill as well as the Plague Marines. Until next time, see you on the battlefield.

1 comment:

  1. There isn't a Palanquin model at present unfortunately, which is a shame. You CAN still pick up the old Palanquin models from 15-20 years ago on eBay, but they're rarer than hells teeth, extremely expensive and are modelled in treu 28mm scale, rather than the 30mm scale GW has been calling 28mm for the last ten years or so.

    ReplyDelete