Sunday, February 24, 2013

Project Progress Report

Been a busy few days. As mentioned in previous posts I've constructed and am in the process of painting 2 Predator Tanks and 2 Heldrakes. So let's start with the Predators. I've added a few layers and shades to both tanks to make them look like they've been through the Warp and back. One of the tanks has some Green Stuff on it that I'm painting up to look like severe infections. I'm not sold on the scheme so far and am still experimenting. Check them out.


Next up on the to do list were the Heldrakes. I wanted to be able to differentiate the Heldrakes at a glance, so while the Baleflamer Heldrake was painted up with Loren Forest, Sycorax Bronze, and Seraphim Sepia; the Autocannon Heldrake was painted with Death World Forest, Warplock Bronze, and Biel-Tan Green. Funny thing about Biel-Tan green, it took most of the Warplock Bronze right off when I washed it on, so I had to repaint the Bronze. Ate a bit more time, but the Autocannon Heldrake was worth it.


Lastly, since one of the major issues with my Typhus army was how elite it was which resulted in too few boots on the ground, I've decided to try out a heavy force of Chaos Cultists. I've got just shy of 80 so far with 19 more in my to do box. There's still a ton to do though, as I've got one more Heavy slot to fill and then need to paint up the rabble, as well as get some work done on my bikes and the new Chaos Lord they'll be rolling with. And all that needs to be assembled with some color on by the tournament on 3/3. Until the next time, see you on the battlefield!

1 comment:

  1. Damn! Those Predators looks good! Couldn't quite make out the work on the Helldrakes quite as well because of the glare, but looking good.

    ReplyDelete